PAGE LAYOUT / FORMATTING
The book formatting and interior layout process for your book is one of the most important steps in the publishing process … it delivers your story. The presentation of your words is profoundly important as your readers demand a comfortable reading experience and will be critical of any layout issues. Our team will clean the clutter (format) your word document and then professionally design your layout using Indesign. This means consideration is given to text tracking, leading, font size, style, chapter breaks, contents, front matter pages, index, glossary, footnotes and not to mention graphs, diagrams, and illustration where necessary to ensure a profession result. As professional book designers we have the skills to transform your raw manuscript into a beautifully laid out book file. We work extensively with major print facilities for POD (print on demand) and traditional lithographic printing presses that passes all the pre-press checks and prints with ease.
Interior design questions call 1300 88 58 58
Our aim is to create a brilliantly designed book based on your thoughts. Therefore, we ask you to fill out a design questionnaire which tell us more about any book typesetting ideas that you may have so that when it comes to interior layout we want to make sure that we incorporate your feedback. We then produce two sample style layouts (usually the first chapter of your book) so you can confirm that it looks how you imagined it. You can choose a style or even blend the styles to ensure it meets your requirements. We will do one (1) round of revisions for free.
Once you approve the book style sample, we complete the entire interior layout of the book and present you with an electronic proof. You get one (1) round of minor revisions to correct anything you missed (anything we missed is corrected for free). After this stage if you require additional author alterations a fee for service applies.
We provide you with a final checklist to triple check everything and once we receive this (and cover) the book is ready to print!
Paperback or Hardback (With Print on Demand)
The best time to make a decision on a hardback book is when it is with the designers. The cost is negligible to create the hardback at the time of paperback creation.
POD hardcover books feature a durable cloth binding and you can also choose a full-colour dust jacket. The full-colour dust jacket allows us to print your author biography and a description of your book on the inside flaps.
Our printing partners sharp graphics and crisp text make it virtually impossible to distinguish our on-demand hardback books from offset copies. Their facilities are equipped with the most advanced technology in the world delivering great products in the most efficient and effective manner.
Additional Information about Hardcover Books:
- Hardcover book are available in case laminate, cloth (blue or grey) or jacketed.
- Your hardcover book edition will be assigned a unique ISBN.
- The hardcover format requires a minimum number of pages (including children’s hardcover picture books)…please discuss this with your publishing consultant and we’ll explain further.
- Our hardcover books are available only in certain sizes (please check below).
- You can provide additional text for the interior flaps of the dust jacket. Often this would include an excerpt of a book review or endorsement.
- During book production you will be given the opportunity to proof the hardcover edition of the cover and suggest changes as appropriate.
Note: due to the higher production costs, the retail price for hardcover books can be as much as $15-$20 more than softcover (paperback) books. In addition the delivery time for hardcover book orders is about fourteen days longer than for softcover books. You can choose from all the most popular book types, bindings, and trim sizes below.
Service Fee: $195
- 5.5 x 8.5″ (216 x 140mm) Casebound
- 6 x 9″ (229 x 152mm) Casebound
- 6.14 x 9.21″ (234 x 156mm) Casebound
- 7 x 10″ (254 x 178 mm) Casebound
- 8.5 x 11″ (280 X 216mm) Casebound
- 5.5 x 8.5″ (216 x 140mm) Dustjacket
- 6 x 9″ (229 x 152mm) Dustjacket
- 6.14 x 9.21″ (234 x 156mm) Dustjacket